Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My plans worked out!

Just as I had hoped, we were allowed to leave work early for the holiday. This gave me time to finish the shopping I had started last night. I went to Brookshire's and found the following deals:
1. Green Giant canned vegetables on sale for $.50. Stocked up on these for my family and for
the Youth at Church. They are collecting canned goods for The Community Stewpot.
2. Betty Crocker canned frosting on sale for $1.89. Had a coupon for $.50, which was tripled.
TOTAL: $.39
3. Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa on sale for $1.50. Had a coupon for $.30, which was tripled.
TOTAL: $.60
4. Wacky Mac Pasta on sale for $1.69. Had a coupon from www.smartsource.com for $.50,
which was tripled. TOTAL: $.19. I plan to print more of these. I can never have too much
pasta, plus this can be donated to The Community Stewpot.
5. Halls Cough Drops on sale for $1.49. Had a coupon for $.50, which was tripled.
TOTAL: -$.01
6. TGIY Buffalo Wings on sale for $3.00. Coupon for $3.00.
TOTAL: $000
7. Peter Pan Peanut Butter on sale for $1.88. Had a coupon for $.50 which was triples.
TOTAL: $.38
The only thing better than cheap is FREE!
I consider this shopping trip a success. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

No comments: