Thursday, April 23, 2009

1 week to R-Day!

What is R-day? One week from today is my Retirement day. The day I have been waiting on for 25 years. I have worked for the State of MS in some capacity for the last 25 years, so I get to retire at the age of 46. What will I do with my time? In the past few years, I have worked a few different part-time jobs in addition to my full time, so now I will continue the part-time work. I did not have the luxury to stay home with my daughter when she was a baby, so I plan to spend some time with her. She is 14 and not as excited about this as I am. Most likely I will become her full time chaffeur, at least for the summer.

6 comments:

MidgetMomma said...

Congrats!!! Thats awesome!!

Lisa @ Simply Things Family said...

Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment. Don't get too busy in retirement. Enjoy!

Crystal said...

Congratulations!!! That must be a wonderful feeling :-)

Together We Save said...

Congrats! SO exciting.

Nonna said...

Wonderful and you're still so young too !

American Dreamer said...

Congratulations! You will love being retired! I am NEVER bored!