Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What a great day!!!

As I have previously posted I am approaching my retirement day. I am a Social Worker on a psychiatric unit at a state teaching hospital. Last week several friends took me out to lunch to celebrate. Today my department had a reception for me. It was so much fun and much more than I deserved. My parents were there. They checked my daughter out of school, so she could be there. My husband had to work out of town, so he missed it. We had cake, sandwiches, and my favorite, petite fours. They gave me a gorgeous pottery bread tray. It is made by a Mississippi potter. I already have it displayed on my table. After the reception, I loaded up my car with all the gifts, flowers and leftovers and headed to Church. (my boss let me leave early).
At Church, I helped the youth (along with many other parents) start organizing for the garage sale. We have already had a ton of good stuff donated; clothes, furniture, baby clothes and accessories.
I have already started a pile of things I want to buy. I will return tomorrow night to work some more and scope out new donations.

No comments: