Monday, January 4, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge

I have been reading on several blogs about the Eat from the Pantry Challenge. The idea is to prepare meals from items you have on hand and not go to the store. We have a variation of this at my house. It is called "mustgo." I open the refrigerator and we everything that "must go." Tonight we are having leftover hot wings and link sausage, fresh spinach salad, frozen tator tots, and homemade oatmeal cookies. It is a weird combination and sure to be met with a few groans, but it cleans out the fridge and tomorrow we can start on something new....there is still some vegetable soup in the fridge.

1 comment:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I love to clean out my frig and make homemade soup....lol...I used my ham bone from Christmas to make a large pot and we ate on it for 2 days then froze 3 large bags for later.