Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thrift stores!

I love a good thrift store!!!  Today, I went to my local Goodwill. This particular store has a "Treasure Store" in the back.  Every morning from 9-12, they allow customers to shop in the items that have not been sorted.  This means DIGGING in large boxes of clothes!  The best part is it is sold for $0.85 a pound.  Today I bought $12.51 worth of clothing that included a couple of t-shirts, a children's fleece coat from the GAP, a Polo t-shirt, a Browning down hunting jacket, a hunting cover-all, Children's Christmas dress...I think that was it.
It gets better....I found a total of $3.60 in the pockets.
Most of the items I will sell on Craigslist or take to a consignment store.  The Browning jacket retails for about $150.00.  All in all, it was a  pretty good day.