Friday, February 13, 2009

Bargains for getting "older"

I recently had the opportunity to use my AARP discount when I made hotel reservations. I think the total saved was about $15.00 for a 2 night stay. Not a huge savings, but as we all know every penny counts. This week end Borders is offering 20% off with your AARP card.
Now, I know you are asking, how does someone so young get an AARP card. You only have to be 50 years old or be married to someone who is 50. I do not think I will ever be old enough to qualify on my own, but I qualify being married to someone who is 50. The yearly cost is $16, which includes newsletters, magazines and discounts to hotels, gyms, rental cars, etc. For more information go to www.aarp.org

3 comments:

Casey said...

I use my aarp card every chance I get.

friedmsw said...

Well, it will not be that long til I will be able to use one. UGH!!
(LOL)

Tiffany said...

I love it! I never knew about this! I guess this is something for me to look forward too!

Tiffany